Pattern for Staggered Stripe Sock



Pin It *Pattern stitch on sock (multiple of 6):
K1,P1 for 4 rows

K1,P1,K1,P3 for 4 rows

K for 4 rows



I did not follow a set pattern to make these socks. I can tell you I used 72 stitches on size 0 dpn. How I set up my socks is I put half the stitches (36) on the first needle which will be the top of the sock and the other half evenly on needles 2 and 3 (18 on 2nd and 3rd needle).

I started at the cuff and worked the pattern stitch until you have the desired length of the leg.

To form the short row heel:
Turn and working on needles two and three
slip 1, P34, turn
slip 1, K33, turn
slip 1, P32, turn
Continue in this manner until you reach slip 1, k17, turn


slip 1, P to stitch before a gap, P2tog,pick up a stitch before the next stitch (this stitch is on the right needle), turn
slip 1, K to stitch before a gap, K2tog,pick up a stitch before the next stitch (this stitch is on the right needle), turn

Continue in this manner until all the stitches are work. Don't turn when you are ready to continue on with the foot.



To continue with the foot, work the pattern stitch on needle one and knit on needles two and three. Work until about 1 1/2 inches before desired foot length

To make the toe:
first row:
starting with needle 3, k until you get to the last three stitches, k2tog and k the last stitch.

On needle one k first stitch, SSK, k until the last three stitches, then k2tog, k.

On need two k first stitch, SSK, k until end

Second row:
Knit on all three needles

repeat row one and two until half (36) stitches remain.

Close with Kitchener stitch.

Comments

  1. The Kitchener stitch grafts the top and bottom of the sock together. I found a tutorial on the web:

    http://www.purlbee.com/kitchener-stitch-tutorial/

    ReplyDelete
  2. How do you make these into knee socks

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would guess that you have have to start our with a . higher number of stitches to fit around the knee end and decrease as you get closer to the foot. I would do decreases during the knit only rows. I would keep the deceases in multiples of 6.

      Delete

Post a Comment